What kinds of things are the multi-agency Age Friendly Programmes doing to respond?
- Providing accessible information systems via ‘one stop shop’ kiosks, Directories of Services and simplified local authority application systems on housing options, grants, and services.
- Developing and disseminating guidance to providing age-friendly information and communication.
- Encouraging public, voluntary and commercial service providers to offer person-to-person assistance on request.
- Offering low-cost training on the use of smartphones and IT devices to older people.
- Providing Age Friendly Communication training to local government staff, customer facing personnel and many service providers.
Examples of Some Age Friendly Initiatives